Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A visit from my sistah!

The past Memorial Day weekend was memorable for me in more ways than one. Aside from our whitewater rafting adventure, I got a visit from my sister, Kaisy, who came all the way from the land of shopping malls and chicken rice -- Singapore! My sister, who has a new Australian boyfriend (haha binuking! =P), had been my roommate for a year when I was working there. It was really great to have a relative, especially a sister, living with you in a foreign country. My parents also didn't worry too much about us since we both have each other to depend on and make sumbong (hehe, how coño). I'm also glad that we had a chance to bond before I got married and moved here in NY. Because growing up, my sister and I were mortal enemies. We would pull each other's hair, beat each other senseless and then cry ourselves silly. I guess that is normal and common among siblings. I'd like to think that we've outgrown that phase and consider ourselves friends now. It's just sad how we now only see each other on very short occassions when we used to get tired of seeing each other too much. We're living very different lives now... totally different from our dress-up and Barbie doll days and Mango shopping days on Orchard Road. Huhu. I just take solace in the fact that although we're apart, we're both living our destiny and our best lives thus far.

Our Bangkok trip before I headed to NY


More than a year later in a NY resto

So to my sister, I'm really glad you made it a point to drop by and visit us here in NY. Come visit us again coz I ain't going back to Singapore any time soon (hehe)! Let's push through with our South America vacation plans next year ha! Promise?!? =)

No comments: