Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Eventful Weekend

Like Paris Hilton, I was on house arrest last Friday up until Saturday afternoon. Why? Not because of any "cool" reasons like a DUI conviction but because I was stupid enough to get my right ankle sprained. I was going down the stairs to board the subway when my heels suddenly got caught on a crack and I went tumbling down. I also heard a sickening "pop" coming from my poor ankle. It hurt really bad and I first thought that I had seriously broken it. I couldn't put any weight on the injured foot so all I could do was hop to a corner. It was just 6:40AM so Lex was still home and able to help me back to our apartment. I called in sick for work and we went to a nearby hospital to have the ankle checked and x-rayed. The doctor wrapped my ankle in bandages, gave me a cane to walk with, and gave instructions to put my feet up and press some ice to it. I'm almost good as new! The highlight of my trip to the hospital was my ride in the wheelchair. It kinda felt nice being wheeled around =).

Lex took a picture for posterity's sake

Saturday saw me spending the morning and afternoon hopping and awkwardly moving around the house. The pain from my ankle has lessened somewhat so I could move around without my cane. But not as gracefully as I would like though. I'm getting bored so thank God we were going to New Jersey that night for some barbeque. We're going to the home of one of our favorite couples, Lanie and Rommel. They are friends from our previous company and it's really great that we get to keep in touch after all these years. The food was excellent and very filling. Conversation was good too. I hope we get invited in more home-cooked meals and barbeques, hehe. It's great to drive out of the city once in a while as well.


With my ankle feeling stronger, Lex and I went to the American Museum of Natural History on Sunday. We have been there once before when my sister and mom came to NY for a visit. We didn't get to see everything because we were pressed for time. We figured we can always go back given that I can get in plus 5 guests for free! It is one of the benefits of the company I'm working for right now. It saved us from paying $14 each. Not bad! Anyway, I really love this museum. There's so much in here that interests me... like land and sea animals, dinosaurs, precious metals and stones, origins of humans, etc. We were just able to go around the 1st floor (the museum is HUGE!) and decided to come back another time for the remaining floors and private exhibits. The exhibits are not free but we can still get to see it at a discounted price. I'm particularly interested on this one. Oh, and the AMNH was the museum featured in the movie Night at the Museum starring Ben Stiller =).
Little boy


With my anorexic friend

No comments: