Thursday, July 26, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mamy!

Happy 50th Birthday, Mamy! We hope that you had a blast celebrating your golden year. Lex and I are just sorry that we couldn't be there to join you on this special occassion. But nevertheless, know that we'll be thinking and praying for you always.

50 Reasons why I love my Mamy (in no particular order):

1. When I called her up to let her know that I have BIG news (I got engaged!), she already knew what my news was without me telling her. She just knows!

2. My siblings and I got our love for clothes and fashion from her.

3. She's the most selfless person I know.

4. She's our best friend. We can tell anything and everything to her.

5. She and my dad painstakingly did a lot for us on our wedding. She did my accessories, souvenirs, some of the reception decor, etc. Our wedding won't be the success that it was without her.



This beautiful cuff was made by my mom.



6. She's the strongest person that I know.

7. She was the only person who made me cry on my wedding. Her speech was so touching.




Me while my mom is making her speech


8. She's making me teary-eyed now while writing this! I miss her so!

9. She gave up her promising career to take care of us when we were young.

10. She's the happiest when we're happy.

11. She took care of us, cooked for us and helped us in settling down in our new apartment here in New York.

12. Much of our success in life is because of her.

13. Hugging her is one of the best feelings on earth.

14. When we were kids, she always made sure that we had the best of everything even though there was not enough cash to go around.



15. She's the best cook ever!

16. She makes Christmas and New Year the best holidays!

17. She writes the most touching letters.

18. She passed on to us her dream of travelling and seeing the world.

19. She taught me how to be independent.

20. She learned how to use technology and the internet so she can constantly be in touch with me and my sister (who is also working abroad).

21. She loves Lex.

22. She shops for us and she always know what would look good on us.

23. She always knows if there is something bothering us. We can't hide anything from her!

24. She takes care of my dad so well. I strive to be the same to Lex.

25. She made sure that we prioritized our studies when we were kids. She was our tutor.

26. She puts up with all of our faults.

27. She boosts our egos all the time =).

28. She's very proud of us and would "brag" about her kids to anyone who would listen.

29. She's very affectionate. She would say "I love you", hug and kiss you all the time.

30. She hates being late. She makes sure to be on time or even be early on any appointment. She passed this on to us as well.

31. I remember when someone was making fun of me when I was a kid, she went to this bully and scolded him. It embarassed me then but I appreciate it now.

32. She encouraged us to follow our dreams even though it meant being away from our family.

33. She looks forward to being a grandmother ;).

34. She remembers everything! She even remembers the name of my pre-school classmates whom I have totally forgotten about!

35. She doesn't ask for anything from us. Which makes it so hard for us to think of any gift to give to her! She would rather receive letters and hand-made gifts than any other material thing.

36. I love her curls! I inherited them but how come it looks so much better on her?




37. I don't know how, but she brings us great luck.

38. She made a point to get to know my in-laws. She makes them comfortable on family gatherings.

39. Our relationship is the envy of all my friends.

40. She loves me and my siblings equally.

41. She painstakingly organizes all our childhood pictures, maintains a scrapbook, frames our medals and certificates, etc. Everything is saved and kept.

42. She's very creative and artistic. I wish I inherited some of her talent.

43. My siblings and I have a good relationship and it's due to her.

44. She's generous to everyone. She helps anyone who needs it.

45. She gives the best advice.

46. We got most of our good genes from her. Hehe.


Wah! Hindi ako kasama =(

47. She taught me how to empower myself as a woman.

48. She inspires me to be the best that I can be.

49. I strive to be half the mother and wife that she is.

50. She's the best mom in the whole world! She's not perfect but she's perfect for us. We don't know what we'll do without her.... we'll be completely lost!

No comments: