Friday, January 4, 2008

On Romance

I was watching Entertainment Tonight and something that James Marsden (of X-Men, Hairspray and Enchanted fame) said about romance made me think. He said that his wife of 7 years now thinks that filling up the gas on their car after he uses it is romantic.

I thought... it's so true! Way back when Lex and I were still dating, my definition of being romantic were 3-page love letters, flowers, expensive gifts, etc. Now, I distinctly remember being touched when Lex placed a soft tissue box on my bed side when I had a bad case of colds. Simple things are what makes my heart glow nowadays. Grand gestures can sweep you off your feet but they can sometimes also be shallow and pretentious. But simple, thoughtful actions that were made naturally and instinctively are sincere and heart-felt.

Happy 2nd Year (Civil) Wedding Anniversary, Honey! I Love You!

No comments: