Monday, September 10, 2007

Shoot 'Em Up!

This movie was the first time we watched something that we don't have a clue what it is about. I don't even know who's starring. We just had dinner at The Sea Grill with our friends Lanie and Rommel and we all decided to catch a movie in Time Square. Shoot 'Em Up sounds intriguing and Lanie said she heard someone say it was good. So we went ahead, not expecting too much.



The short 87 min. film was shallow, cartoony (think Bugs Bunny), unrealistic, unoriginal (John Woo and Quentin Tarantino like), corny even... but I LOVE IT!!!! All of us had the best time watching. To be honest, I think that was the only movie that I can seriously say that I have laughed and shouted out loud. And I wasn't the only one doing so. The film is starring Clive Owen (Sin City, The Inside Man), Monica Belluci (Matrix, Passion of Christ) and Paul Giamatti (Lady in the Water, Sideways). Clive Owen is perfect as the enigmatic Mr. Smith. I won't be devulging too much of the plot here as there really isn't any plot to devulge. Just go and watch the movie, don't expect too much, and you'll be taken for a ride.

No comments: